Pendulums have been used for hundreds of years as a tool for divination, locating items, dowsing and chakra healing.
Follow this simple guide to see how to make the most of your pendulum
The pendulum is a powerful tool to guide your intuition.
Before you start any of these practices we would suggest you meditate and attune to your pendulum first
For yes/no divination:
1. Hold the chain of the pendulum between your thumb and forefinger
2. Holding the pendulum in your chosen hand, run your other hand down the length of the pendulum chain to steady it, rest the bottom tip of the pendulum in your palm
3. Move your hand away from the bottom of the pendulum. As you move it away, the pendulum will start moving
4. Watch the pendulum whilst it moves. It will come to a stop after a while and then you can program the ‘yes’ and ‘no’ response of your pendulum
5. Ask your pendulum out loud or in your mind, ‘show me a YES response.’ Watch the response and then wait a second, then try the same again asking for the pendulum to show you a NO response
6. Do this as many times as needed to get used to the behaviour of your pendulum
7. Remember to 'reset' (as per instruction 2) between each instruction/question
8. When you are ready, begin asking your questions
To locate an item:
1. Face north and ask the pendulum if the item is in that direction and again for east, south, west until your pendulum answers yes
2. As you move around you can ask for clarification for example, you can walk into a room and ask if the item is in there
3. Keep repeating until you arrive at the item
If you cannot find a starting direction, use rocks to build a layout of the area you are in. For instance, a rock could signify a room, or a building or any other geographical marker.
Hold the pendulum over the layout and the pendulum will pull in the direction of the item.
Whether you are searching for water or just some thing of interest. You can use your pendulum when walking, even during walking meditation. Walk slowly and hold your pendulum out front of you. Dowsing is a practice of intuition so as you walk if you feel the pendulum dip, you may uncover some amazing trinkets or water outlet.
Hold your pendulum over each chakra point. Energy should flow into the body in a clockwise motion, if your pendulum turns in an anti-clockwise direction, this is a sign of blocked energy.
To remedy this lie down for twenty minutes with a crystal of corresponding colour to that that chakra point. Learn more about chakra healing